[LAU] jitsi via jackd

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Apr 9 03:35:34 CEST 2020

On 4/8/20 3:20 PM, Peter P. wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am happily using Jitsi for various tasks since a few weeks and would
> like to run its application image
> https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet-electron/releases/
> over jackd.
> Does anyone have an idea how I could best do this, also avoiding pulse
> audio? So far it seems that the only way is to use the alsa jack pcm
> plugin https://jackaudio.org/faq/routing_alsa.html
> or use alsa loopback device and jack alsa_in/alsa_out clients
> https://alsa.opensrc.org/Jack_and_Loopback_device_as_Alsa-to-Jack_bridge
>
> thanks for all ideas!
> Peter

Hmm, I tried it using their free website connection via Firefox. My
headset worked fine with the browser and jitsi. I have PulseAudio set to
use jack-sink, that's the only way I can get sound out of Firefox.

I haven't tried the app image - I've had no luck running application
images on my system. I've installed their native Linux client but
haven't tried it yet.

HTH

--
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com
"My password is the last 8 digits of π."