[LAU] LV2 question

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Sat Apr 11 17:58:20 CEST 2020

Hey hey,
I ran into some trouble with LV2 plugins and Ecasound, which uses liblilv.
This was exemplified - in my case - with gx_colwah (from the guitarix suite).
Ecasound tried to load the file manifest.ttl.

I noticed that gx_colwah.lv2 didn't contain a manifest.ttl, but a
gx_colwah.ttl .

Would the two fulfill the same function? Is it a more recent part of the
standard to allow/force a file like plugin_name.ttl instead of manifest.ttl.

Could all this be an issue within liblilv (0.,24.6 installed here) or would it
be the host application. i.e. Ecasound which enforces that behaviour?

Apologies for the probably overcomplicated questions, but my understanding of
the LV2 format is uite limited.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

You might think that I won't make it on my own,
But now I'm Stronger <3
(Britney Spears)