[LAU] AMD Ryzen Processors for Linux audio

Moshe Werner moshwe at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 19:34:38 CEST 2020

Hey Nik,

I would hold out for the 4000 series that just got announced. Should be
drastic improvement over the 3000.
Also the Ryzen 7 3700U is nothing near the performance of 3700x.
Some Asus laptops already offer the ryzen 7 4800H or the Ryzen 9 4900H,
but I read that someone had trouble with Ubuntu on them, probably drivers
that aren't ready.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2020/04/linux-on-laptops-asus-zephyrus-g14-with-ryzen-9-4900hs/

Best
Moshe