[LAU] AMD Ryzen Processors for Linux audio

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Fri Apr 17 08:59:57 CEST 2020

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 14:46:48 -0700 (PDT)
Len Ovens <len at ovenwerks.net> wrote:

>Another thing that has changed is how USB is implemented. On a lot of
>mother boards it is impossible to get one's mouse and keyboard on a
>different USB bus from the audio interface. It seems to only sure way is
>to add a PCIe USB card for the audio box. It used to be that one side of
>the computer was one bus and the other side was another... not any more.
>The computer does internal routing to put all of them on one bus except
>may be USB3 stuff (which I have none of).
>
>--
>Len Ovens
>www.ovenwerks.net

I can't speak for anyone else, but on my machine (ASUS MBO I think) lsusb
reported 4 accessible USB2 buses and 2 USB3. I was able to spread things out
across them.

The mtrack8 has a distinct preference and does not like the USB3 sockets at all.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk