[LAU] AMD Ryzen Processors for Linux audio

Ede Wolf listac at nebelschwaden.de
Mon Apr 20 17:26:10 CEST 2020

Steinberg says so that and recommends rather less cores and therefore
higher frequencies (or single core performance), as the penalty of
synchonising the cores/threads may have a negative impact on realtime
performance.
Maybe our tech gurus can comment on the validity of those statements?

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/206929270-DAW-Components

That would basically mean i3. Few cores, fast clocks and available
without graphics and without hyperthreading. But of course there are
lots of contradicting opinions out there. Sometimes of more than
questionable quality, but then again I do not know the bias of steinberg
either. Nor their products.