[LAU] Spring reverb plugin

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Tue Apr 21 22:58:26 CEST 2020

* Jeanette C. <julien at mail.upb.de> [2020-04-21 09:59]:
> Hey hey,
> is there a spring reverb LADSPA or LV2 plugin with a few parameters, like
> damping or stiffness? I know that there are quite a few IRs around, which
> could do nicely, but I enjoy tweaking. Seeing that I work on the commandline
> I can't use plugins that load IRs and then allow to tweak a few things,
> unless the IR is built into the plugin itself.
If you don't mind the loss of realtime-tweaking you could use Fons'
convolver, or if you don't mind non-realtime processing why not have a
look at the latest version of the fastconv binary in the composer's
desktop project (CDP) which got GPLed a few years ago and which now
also compiles great on Linux thanks to recent work of John Ffitch
and the CDP team. Here is its git repository
https://github.com/ComposersDesktop/CDP7
and there is a new mailing list for CDP at
https://lists.mur.at/mailman/listinfo/cdp
Additional html documentation lives at
http://www.ensemble-software.net/CDPDocs/html/ccdpndex.htm

Although some GUIs exist for CDP I personally find it to be best used
from the command line and in shell scripts, which might suit you as well.
Some of its sound design and audiofile processing capabilities are still
unsurpassed today.

cheers, P