[LAU] [semi-OT] Writiing manpages (the practical way)

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Wed Apr 22 13:26:45 CEST 2020

Hi there,
thanks all of you for the valuable tips.

@Jacob: help2man I didn't see, but sounds easy for a small tool.

I had spotted pod2man, but wasn't sure how much it is still bound to Perl
projects.

Basically they all sound very reasonable, including straight ROFF.

My point was to see what - and if - there is a modern standard using something
else, since I can start afresh and would like to create something which is
well maintainable, possibly easy to export and fits well into the bigger
context and widely used.

It appears that the landscape here is diverse.

Thanks for chiming in and giving me informed feedback.

Best wiishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Skip on the drinks Head to the floor
Makin' my way Past the show
My body's taken over And I want some more <3
(Britney Spears)