[LAU] JACK and Sound OpenFirmware?

Mario Lang mlang at blind.guru
Tue Aug 18 15:24:30 CEST 2020

Hi.

With kernel 5.7, my system finally switched over to snd_sof_pci for the
intenal card.  I can use mpv and alike via alsa directly, but
when I try to start JACK I always get the following message:

ALSA: cannot set period size to 1024 frames for playback

Adding the verbose flag to JACK doesn't make it any more informativ
regarding this problem.   With the old hda driver, JACK was perfectly
working with a buffer size of 1024 (and less).

Does anyone know what I can do to make JACK work with the internal card?
Or at least how to debug what is actually preventing it from working?

I am using a Lenovo X1 Carbon 7th Gen.

--
CYa