[LAU] [music] Semi-modular jam: Endless

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Dec 2 05:53:36 CET 2020

On 11/28/20 6:22 AM, Will Godfrey wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 13:35:43 +0100 (CET)
> "Jeanette C." <julien at mail.upb.de> wrote:
>
>> Hey hey,
>> I have finally explored the art of sequence based jamming. One CV/Gate
>> sequencer is controlling three synthesizers, while improvisations happen on
>> the fourth. In Linux this was recorded live and only processed with a bit of
>> reverb, EQ and compression. I must admit it is a great experience. :)
>> https://youtu.be/RSk1OCb0MZs
>>
>> If you need a direct link:
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/gvc1dtdbtmsowhk/endless.ogg
>> (again this link will be active for about two weeks).
>>
>> I hope it improves soimeone's day. :)
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Jeanette
>
> Enjoyed this. I think you should raise the improv line a few dB, so it stands
> out more.

I agree! Bring out the improv line a bit more. It kind of gets buried in
the other parts.

The piece is very expressive, doesn't feel like a "sequencer" to me.
How'd you do that?

And what's a CV/Gate sequencer?

--
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com
"My password is the last 8 digits of π."