[LAU] MIDI-controller treated as audio device

Hartmut Noack zettberlin at linuxuse.de
Fri Dec 4 11:58:26 CET 2020

Am 04.12.20 um 11:39 schrieb Michael Jarosch:

> My questions:
> How can I force my system not to handle the Korg as an audio but a MIDI
> device?

Your system(kernel) wont listen, I am afraid, you could only blacklist
the Korg, but that is stupid, because I reckon, you want to use it.

BUT you can tell Jack explicitly to use the HammerfallDSP as in:

jackd -d alsa -d hw:2 -p128 -n2

This commandline can be stored in $HOME/.jackdrc to serve as the default
for the start of jackd.

There are variants of Jackd to day such as jackdmp that may demand
slightely different settings but are to be handeled the same in principle.

best of luck ;-)