[LAU] Assigning devices at boot up.

Bill Purvis bill at billp.org
Tue Dec 8 16:16:32 CET 2020

I'm trying to put together a church organ, using two midi keyboards.
Unfortunately, they both
power on as channel 0. I can easily interpose a bit of jack code that
changes the channel
but I currently have no way of knowing which is which. They don't appear
to send any useful
information like serial number, and all I can rely on is that they will
always be plugged
in to the same slot each time (as it's all going to be cased up). I can
put them on different
USB Hubs if that is helpful. Any suggestions welcomed.

Bill