[LAU] Assigning devices at boot up.

Bill Purvis bill at billp.org
Tue Dec 8 16:44:44 CET 2020

On 08/12/2020 15:30, Florian Paul Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if the USB device id is different for the two usb devices then you might
> just write a custum udev-rule that loads the snd-usb-audio module with
> different card index parameters..
>
> Regards,
> FPS
That's my problem, the keyboards are identical models and the only thing
that
will distinguish them is the slot they are plugged into. I haven't got
as far
as plugging both in and looking if there is a correlation between the
information
provided by lsusb and the Alsa slot id. I think I can get them on
separate hubs
which might be useful. I know very little about what goes on when
devices are
initialised. If all else fails, I'll have to plug one into an Arduino
and use
that to shift the channel number, but I had hoped to avoid going that far!

Bill