[LAU] RIP the inventor of ambient music

Andrew A. Grathwohl andrew at grathwohl.me
Thu Dec 10 18:47:28 CET 2020

I don't know... chant musics are frequently intended to bring on a
trance in the listener. Chants are used in the ritualistic events that
underpin certain cultures, traditions, religions, etc.

I've been brought to places while in a deep focus (aided by chant
musics) that parallel experiences I've had on psychoactive drugs.

In that sense, Eno's description is sort of perfect to me. Gregorian
chant was used to induce religious focus, so the music itself does sort
of fall out of primary consideration when "used" correctly.