[LAU] Distorted sound

Chris Caudle 6807.chris at pop.powweb.com
Mon Dec 14 21:08:50 CET 2020

On Wed, December 9, 2020 10:25 am, David Sumbler wrote:
> When I play a wav file using 'aplay' it sounds fine, but if I load it
> into a track in Qtractor, it is very distorted.

Apologies for the late reply, but it occurred to me that perhaps jackd is
attempting to use some combination of settings which do not work properly
for the hardware for some reason.
There should be messages to standard out describing the settings jackd
used to open the device.  You could either capture those by starting jackd
from a terminal, or I believe they should be collected by qjackctl and
made available in a separate "logs" tab from the GUI.

--
Chris Caudle