[LAU] Computer lockup

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Fri Feb 14 13:11:31 CET 2020

On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 16:19:06 -0500
Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:

>On 02/13/2020 03:47 PM, Anders Hellquist wrote:
>> Sometimes ssh'ing in from another box can help killing jackd of
>> keyboard/desktop don't respond.
>>

>That's my preferred method of dealing with lockups. Of course, you then
>need to know which switches to throw once you're on the bad box but
>Google can usually help me find the solution.
>
>Best,
>
>dp

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I was rather hoping there might be some way of getting Jack itself to abort
under these conditions.

I do use an RT kernel on the main machines, and normal input is completely
unresponsive, so trying to get to a terminal or start another session with the
three finger salute is impossible.

I've not thought of trying to ssh from another machine - never even tried that
before for normal operations, so it could be 'interesting' :o

At the moment I'm not inclined to do too much experimenting due to only just
recovering from a recent disaster (power cut in the middle of an upgrade).

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk