[LAU] cross fade with equal power

Atte atte at youmail.dk
Fri Feb 14 23:24:37 CET 2020

Hi

I've written a python script to do crossfades loops in samples. First version was using commandline tools, but updates of the underlying tools broke my script, so I re-did it with pydub, only to find that pydub seems to be doing linear fade when crossfading, resulting in a nasty drop in volume in the middle of the fade.

So does anyone know of a commandline tool or even better python tool, that can cross fade with equal power or at least lets me do the fade ins/outs with the correct curve, then I can mix them myself afterwards.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

NB: I'm not sure my mails are comming through, since I don't see them myself. So even if you don't have a solution to my problem, a friendly "mail went through" would be highly appreciated.

Cheers!
--
Atte
http://latestyoutube.a773.dk | http://a773.dk