[LAU] Creating a personalised HRTF?
julien at mail.upb.de
Mon Jan 20 22:29:14 CET 2020
Jan 20 2020, Fons Adriaensen has written:
> On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 04:20:29AM +0100, Jeanette C. wrote:
>> is there any (convenient) way to create a personal HRTF (head related
>> transfer function)?
> Straight answer: no, repeat no. There are some commercial
> systems (Android apps) claiming to do this, using e.g.
> pictures of your head and ears. AFAIK, none of them really
> work, it's all hype and easy money.
Hm, the earfish.eu sounds interesting, since they sort of use the
measurement technique used at unis, only somehow backward. Certainly a
> There are other aspects of binaural reproduction that seem to be
> much more important - can't go into the details, but room sound
> and correct head movenent tracking are among them.
Very true. I've been working with Csound HRTF opcodes, including the
ones with a built-in reverb (basic room modelling). Though I haven't
found anything to get good headtracking and use it with a proper 3D
Best wishes and many thanks,
* Website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound
* Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMS4rfGrTwz8W7jhC1Jnv7g
* SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/jeanette_c
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeanette_c_s
* Audiobombs: https://www.audiobombs.com/users/jeanette_c
* GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c
Where are you now, what have you found
Where is your heart, when I'm not around <3
More information about the Linux-audio-user