[LAU] sound with Scarlett 3rd Gen device?

Iain Mott mott at escuta.org
Thu Jan 30 21:36:54 CET 2020

On the way to a solution:

The Scarlett is a USB 2.0 device. The USB ports on my laptop are 3.0. I
tried the Scarlet on my desktop, first using the blue port (USB 3.0) and
had no success. Later trying a non-coloured port (2.0?)and not before
re-configuring the Scarlett in Windows (ie. simple connecting it), I got
audio in and out to work. There are some audio glitches at both
conservative and short latencies in Jack, but i'll worry about that later.

Can someone suggest please what I can do to get the USB 3.0 ports on the
laptop to work with the USB 2.0 Scarlett? I checked the Bios and there
doesn't seem to be a way to downgrade any of the ports. A software
solution? I'm running Ubuntu 19.04.

Thanks,

Iain