[LAU] threadirqs wiki

Edgar Aichinger edogawa at aon.at
Sun Jun 7 12:21:48 CEST 2020

Am Sonntag, 7. Juni 2020, 12:03:26 CEST schrieb rosea.grammostola:
> $ grep -e "CONFIG_IRQ_FORCED_THREADING=y" -e "CONFIG_PREEMPT=y" /boot/config-`uname -r`
>
> GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash threadirqs"
>
> sudo update-grub
>
> reboot
>

> Still gives me only|CONFIG_IRQ_FORCED_THREADING=y, running a rt kernel
> https://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/system_configuration#the_kernel \r |

Well, the grep line checks for your current kernel configuration, and you don't show what output it prints.

The remainer above deals with grub config only, I think it's logical that this can't alter your kernel in any way.

I think the wiki page is pretty clear and correct about this; you don't run a RT kernel, thus using the threadirqs kernel commandline option via grub is the best you can do, and the steps above should have put that in place correctly. If you want CONFIG_PREEMPT, you'll have to compile or install AND run a RT patched kernel.