[LAU] system configuration (was: XanMod kernel)

rosea.grammostola rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 13:48:18 CEST 2020

On 6/7/20 1:39 PM, Robert Jonsson wrote:
> Do you mind sharing a bit more what settings and toolchain this includes?
> kernel? distro? Jack? what buffersettings?

Debian testing

LXDE/openbox

rt kernel

older SSD drive (swap on second hdd)

ext4, no LVM, no encryption

8GB memory

hyperthreading, (bluetooth and other things I don't use) disabled in BIOS.

rtirq-init installed

Behringer UCA222

Jack2

41000

16Frames/Period

2 Periods/Buffer

pasuspender -- jackd

realtimeconfigquickscan$ perl realTimeConfigQuickScan.pl
== GUI-enabled checks ==
Checking if you are root... no - good
Checking filesystem 'noatime' parameter... 5.6.0 kernel - good
(relatime is default since 2.6.30)
Checking CPU Governors... CPU 0: 'performance' CPU 1: 'performance'  - good
Checking swappiness... 10 - good
Checking for resource-intensive background processes... none found - good
Checking checking sysctl inotify max_user_watches... < 524288 - not good
increase max_user_watches by adding 'fs.inotify.max_user_watches =
524288' to /etc/sysctl.conf and rebooting
For more information, see
http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/system_configuration#sysctlconf
Checking access to the high precision event timer... not readable - not good
/dev/hpet found, but not readable.
make /dev/hpet readable by the 'audio' group
For more information, see
http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/system_configuration#hardware_timers
Checking access to the real-time clock... not readable - not good
/dev/rtc found, but not readable.
make /dev/rtc readable by the 'audio' group
For more information, see
http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/system_configuration#hardware_timers
Checking whether you're in the 'audio' group... yes - good
Checking for multiple 'audio' groups... no - good
Checking the ability to prioritize processes with chrt... yes - good
Checking kernel support for high resolution timers... found - good
Kernel with Real-Time Preemption... found - good
Checking if kernel system timer is high-resolution... found - good
Checking kernel support for tickless timer... found - good
== Other checks ==
Checking filesystem types... ok.
** Set $SOUND_CARD_IRQ to the IRQ of your soundcard to enable more checks.
    Find your sound card's IRQ by looking at '/proc/interrupts' and lspci.