[LAU] without gna.org where are jack-mixer sources hosted?

Stuart Longland stuartl at longlandclan.id.au
Wed Jun 10 03:01:26 CEST 2020

On 10/6/20 9:43 am, Len wrote:
>> As it turns out, I have recently ported jack_mixer from pygtk to
>> pygobject here: https://github.com/dsheeler/jack_mixer.  The other
>> thing that might also be necessary is, as Len says, to port to
>> python3.  I might do that soon unless someone else wants to.
>
> The python 3 equivalent to pygtk is gi. If using glade for the GUI it
> seems not that hard, not sure otherwise though.

It's gotta be easier than a port to Qt, which is what I was first
contemplating when I stumbled on this project.  I tried running it here,
but when I saw it was Python 2 code using pygtk, I started to look
elsewhere, and drew a blank.

Two things I do miss from JACK that PulseAudio has:
- ability to adjust gain on a source
- seamless handling of multiple audio devices

Right now I use PA for my general audio tasks (music playback, system
sounds), and anything specific, I have a dedicated sound card for use
with JACK.

Hopefully an upgrade to the audio device will let me do more through the
one audio device (JACK and a Logitech G930 do not get along, hoping a
Audio-Technica ATH-G1WL will do better than 16kHz sample rate).

jack-mixer looks like it'd be a step in the right direction to solving
the first pain point.  If someone gets it working with modern tools,
I'll definitely take a look.

Otherwise, I'm inclined to replicate a work-alike.
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...
  ...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.