[LAU] qjackctl jackd different -p size

Hermann Meyer brummer- at web.de
Sat Jun 13 19:18:11 CEST 2020

Am 13.06.20 um 18:54 schrieb rosea.grammostola:

> On 6/13/20 4:26 PM, Len Ovens wrote:

>>> Could this be something related to using a usb card? Htop always
>>> displays -p 64 here, whatever setting I've in Qjackctl
>>
>> Just a guess, but I expect Jack was already running at -p 64. The
>> second jackd start at -p 128 then failed. Try killall -9 jackd before
>> using qjackctl to start.
>>
> When I run jackd from terminal, htop displays the right -p setting.
>
> In Qjackctl, not matter which -p setting, htop always shows -p 64
>
> Wait... It seems to have to do with the Server suffix setting I have.
>
> pasuspender -- jackd
>
> When I remove it, htop shows the right -p

This thread makes me confused. htop, the linux tool as I know it, just
show the command which was used to start a application, and those
include the command-line options given.

I've as well different server configurations for jackd which I could
select from the Qjackctl settings window. There is as well a setting for
nopulse pasuspender -- jackd

and, regardless which period size I choose in Qjackctl, htop will just
display the settings I've use to start jackd.

Now, when I change the period size for jackd, later, by a other
application or by command, those will surly not be reflected in the htop
view, as htop, only know about the command used to start jackd, it
simply didn't care about the actual internal settings jackd ( or any
other application, daemon, or what ever) use.

That's why I didn't get how that could be related to the use if
pasuspender --