[LAU] Reverse-engineering MIDI software

David W. Jones gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Jun 23 07:40:55 CEST 2020

Would Arturia's MIDI Control Center run under WINE?

It looks like it connects via USB. All you may have to do in a Windows VM under Virtualbox is make the USB connection available to the VM, yes?

On June 22, 2020 6:42:29 PM HST, Caelia Chapin <crc at caelia.net> wrote:
>Hi. I don't know if this is really the best place for this type of
>question, but I don't know where else to ask, so here is my question:
>
>I recently acquired an Arturia MiniLab MkII MIDI controller, and would
>like
>to use it with Linux applications (e.g. Ardour). The basic functions -
>i.e.
>playing notes with the keyboard and performance pads - work out of the
>box,
>but there are also some advanced functions that might be useful, which
>need
>to be enabled or configured through software.
>
>Arturia provides a "MIDI Control Center" for this controller, but of
>course
>it only runs on Windows and MacOS. I would like to be able to replicate
>the
>functionality of this software in Linux.
>
>It seems to me that it should be possible to run the MIDI Control
>Center in
>a Windows VM (I use VirtualBox for this), and use some sort of listener
>in
>Linux to display the MIDI messages that the Control Center is sending
>the device. But I am not aware of any specific tools I could use for
>this
>purpose. Any recommendations?

---
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com

Sent from my Android device with F/LOSS K-9 Mail.