[LAU] Reverse-engineering MIDI software

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Tue Jun 23 08:13:56 CEST 2020

On 23.06.2020 07:48, Caelia Chapin wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 11:41 PM David W. Jones <gnome at hawaii.rr.com
> <mailto:gnome at hawaii.rr.com>> wrote:
>
>     Would Arturia's MIDI Control Center run under WINE?
>

> No idea. I don't use WINE, as I have had nothing but horrible
> experiences with it in the past.

How long ago was the past? Wine now is much, much more reliable than 5
years ago.

 > But in any case, I do not want to use either a VM or WINE on a regular
 > basis; I want to find out what MIDI messages the Control Center app
 > sends, so I can perform its functions under Linux.

I have submitted some patches recently to wine which allow eavesdropping
on Windows MIDI connection, so one can dump any MIDI traffic (like SYSEX
messages) to/from Windows applications.

So a recent (staging) version of wine and aseqdump and you are ready to go.

Jacek