[LAU] MotU Ultralite AVB observations.

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Mon Mar 9 00:25:08 CET 2020

On Sat, March 7, 2020 4:52 pm, John Murphy wrote:
> I seem to have narrowed it down to dependence on the setting of
> 'Clock Mode'. I do a lot of recordings from a 48kHz optical source
> plugged into the S/Pdiff optical input. Seems to be that clock the
> kernel can't use.

Do you have a valid S/PDIF bitstream running when you start your device?
If the default clock is S/PDIF then there must be a valid S/PDIF  stream
to recover the clock.

> Probably because it has somehow changed the device
> to 44.1kHz (via 192kHz) and then demands a 44.1kHz clock.

So you think the ALSA driver may be configuring the device for 44.1k based
sample rates, but you have a 48k S/PDIF stream running?
If that is the case you should be able to figure out which software is
opening the audio device and change the default sample rate to 48k.
Depending on desktop environment it is likely PulseAudio.

--
Chris Caudle