[LAU] MotU Ultralite AVB observations.

Roger gurusonic at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 21:28:54 CET 2020

On 10/3/20 7:16 am, Chris Caudle wrote:
> On Mon, March 9, 2020 2:56 pm, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>> This is further complicated by the fact that some software (ie:
>> pulseaudio) will change the sampling rate without you doing it manually.
>> For example, if you manage to start jackd at 48Khz and then stop it,
>> pulseaudio (if installed and enabled) will take control of the audio
>> interface and change the sampling rate to its default rate (44.1k).
> You can change the default sampling rate which PulseAudio uses with a
> configuration file option.

Haha, snap! I was just writing the same thing. I'll post it anyway:

If PulseAudio is the culprit changing the sample rate, Maybe these
parameters can be uncommented and swapped in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf (or
preferably a user daemon.conf created in ~./config/pulse/)

; default-sample-rate = 44100
; alternate-sample-rate = 48000

Those are the default values. Change to:

default-sample-rate = 48000
alternate-sample-rate = 44100

Also there is:

; avoid-resampling = false

but I have found changing that to true can have unexpected consequences.