[LAU] aconnect oddities

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Tue Mar 17 15:01:19 CET 2020

Mar 17 2020, Max has written:
> aconnect tickle:0 Pure Data:1
>
> surprisingly this works without issues even thouth there is a space ind
> the input port name.
Probably because the port with the space in it is the last commandline
argument.

> the other way round it fails.
>
> aconnect Pure Data:1 tickle:0
> invalid destination address Data:1
In shell spaces have to be quoted/escaped somehow, because a normal
space means that one argument ends and another begins. To be save:
always quote names with spaces. Not sure if escaping them would work
with backslash, as happens with filenames:
aconnect Pure\ Data:1 tickle:0
>        aseqnet(1), aseqview(1)
>
> they are not available in my repositories. Are they deprecated?
On Archlinux aseqnet is part of alsa-utils, which is the same as
aconnect. I'm running version 1.2.2 .
aseqview has its own package, which is only available in a user
repository, so might be out of date or rarely used today, due to better
alternatives perhaps.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Just call out my name, and I will be there... <3
(Britney Spears)