[LAU] [Music] Some Futurama themed punk-rock

Riccardo Binetti rbino at gmx.com
Wed Mar 18 11:05:27 CET 2020

Hey everybody!
I want to share the track The Snipers (the punk rock band I play with)
just released. I'll just put all the links so you can pick whatever you
prefer:

https://thesniperspunkrock.bandcamp.com/track/leela-and-fry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3sI0ZOm5dc

https://open.spotify.com/album/3SikZpHnCDmuLdi2lV3PLd

The track was recorded and mixed 100% on Linux by me.
Drums are made with DrumGizmo using the Crocell kit, guitars and bass
were recorded dry and reamped directly with Gx plugins in the Ardour
bus, then some CALF Compressor and Dragonfly Reverb here and there, a
sprinkle of eq10q and some Auburn Sounds Graillon on the voices (I may
be missing some plugins, I don't have the session on the pc I'm on right
now).

I really enjoyed being able to reamp guitars on the fly so I think this
will be my go to setup also for future work (in the past I recorded the
output of guitarix while playing _and_ the dry signal, but I always
ended up just using the effected output because I was too lazy to reamp).

Let me know if you have any tips (I'm self taught so I always welcome
constructive criticism).

Also, I want to thank all the developers that make producing music on
Linux possible!
--
rbino