[LAU] stream from jack to icecast(2)

Jannis Achstetter jannis_achstetter at web.de
Wed Mar 18 20:20:45 CET 2020

Am 18.03.20 um 14:51 schrieb Peter P.:

> I am wondering if I could forward my grabbed X11 desktop as a video
> stream from ffmpeg to icecast.

So, I've looked up again, how this might work with gstreamer ;)

If it's only video (without audio) and assuming you have one screen
attached, it might be as simple as running:

gst-launch-1.0 ximagesrc use-damage=0 ! video/x-raw,framerate=20/1 !
videoconvert ! vp8enc ! webmmux ! shout2send ip=SERVERIP port=SERVERPORT
password=SOURCE_PASS mount=/test.webm

If you want to go with audio from jack, this might work (Opus here since
output is webm):

gst-launch-1.0 ximagesrc use-damage=0 ! video/x-raw,framerate=20/1 !
videoconvert ! vp8enc ! webmmux name=mux ! shout2send ip=SERVERIP
port=SERVERPORT password=SOURCE_PASS mount=/test.webm jackaudiosrc !
audio/x-raw,channels=2 ! queue ! audioconvert ! opusenc ! mux.

Have fun :)