[LAU] Ambisonics for newbies - ambdec

Michael Jarosch riotsound at riotmusic.de
Wed Mar 25 09:59:44 CET 2020

Am 25.03.20 um 02:26 schrieb Fernando Lopez-Lezcano:

> Weird, in my machine this is what I see (ambdec 0.5.1):
>
> $ jack_lsp|grep ambdec
> ambdec:in.0w
> ambdec:in.1y
> ambdec:in.1z
> ambdec:in.1x
> ambdec:in.2v
> ambdec:in.2t
> ambdec:in.2r
> ambdec:in.2s
> ambdec:in.2u
> ambdec:in.3q
> ambdec:in.3o
> ambdec:in.3m
> ambdec:in.3k
> ambdec:in.3l
> ambdec:in.3n
> ambdec:in.3p
> ambdec:test

Yeah! That's the table I was looking for!

The "Using Ardour with Ambisonics"-page decodes the "mono panners"
outputs that way:

"Connect Ardour's master out as follows:

  * out1 -> ambdec:in0_w
  * out2 -> ambdec:in0_x
  * out3 -> ambdec:in0_y"

>>> As far as I can see, that's OK. Connect your four outputs to the first
>>> four inputs of ambdec.
>>
>> Yeah, I've tried that. Master 1,2,3,4 to ambdec 0,1,2,3 via "catia".
So, if I can believe this data, I have connected "w" correctly, but made
"x" to "y", "y" to "z" and "z" to "x".
I'm going to check that later…

Many thanks!

And Greets!