[LAU] some recent work

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sat May 2 14:16:11 CEST 2020

On 4/29/20 12:50 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

> Extra credit for the Four Chords exercise if you redo it with the
> chord generation taking place inside Rack :)

I could be sneaky and use a MIDI file with one of the player modules. :)

The Squinky Labs plugin includes a piano-roll sequencer module very
similar to my favored external sequencer. I suppose I could have written
the music with it but the external sequencer is also a handy tool for
creating modulation curves with MIDI continuous controllers (which of
course get converted to control voltage streams in VCV Rack).

> Very nice. It looks as if you didn't change the settings for all 4
> chord sections?

The Saws module has a Mix parameter which mixes the seven sawtooth waves
according to a process I'm not sure I understand completely. Anyway, the
control for the Mix parameter is modulated slowly throughout the
performance, it's the only modulated parameter I used on the oscillator.
Otherwise, settings are pretty much made then left alone.

Thanks for checking out the sounds, Paul, and I hope you & yours are all
healthy and safe these days.

Best regards,

dp