[LAU] How to prevent applications from changing my mic level?

S. sb56637 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 23:30:19 CEST 2020

Hi there, recently I've been running into major problems with Electron apps
for the Linux desktop (Microsoft Teams and Riot.im) modifying my mic input
levels. Also Chrome / Chromium do the same thing during WebRTC calls, they
raise my mic level to 100%, thus completely saturating the audio and making
it unusable. I drop it back down manually, but within a few seconds it
creeps back up to 100% again. In Windows there's an option to not allow
programs to control a specific device. Is there any way to do this with ALSA
and/or PulseAudio? Thanks a lot.

--
Sent from: http://linux-audio.4202.n7.nabble.com/linux-audio-user-f5.html