[LAU] Sysex with Jack MIDI

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue Nov 3 18:56:36 CET 2020

On Tue, 3 Nov 2020, Christopher Arndt wrote:

> I made some tests and it seems that there is indeed a limit of 112 bytes
> for outgoing sysex data.

I knew there was a limit but had never run into it. I realize that the
longest sysex I had used were ~20 bytes (mackie control with LCD info sent
channel at a time)

The one question I do have is the buffer size (128/2 ?) and if you tested
at more than one buffer size. I would expect that the two would be tied
together. I also remember reading that there had been code developed for
jack (I do not remember if it was jack 1 or 2 specific) to allow long,
non-realtime sysex to be used. However, I do not remember if it was ever
included or how it was accessed.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net