[LAU] Record levels lower in Alsa than Jack

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Fri Nov 6 13:23:28 CET 2020

On Fri, 6 Nov 2020 12:16:05 +0100
Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org> wrote:

>On Fri, Nov 06, 2020 at 10:55:38AM +0000, John Murphy wrote:
>
>> You'll understand I'd rather use jack if possible. :)
>
>Of course, but even then you'd have to get PA out of the way.

I never want pulseaudio at all, but lots of programs I use insist on it these
days. The complete solution I've come up with is to delete just the server,
leaving the rest in place.

All the programs are happy talking to the client, the client doesn't see a
server so just does nothing. The audio stuff I want to run works uninhibited.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk