[LAU] Record levels lower in Alsa than Jack

John Murphy rosegardener at freeode.co.uk
Sat Nov 7 08:57:46 CET 2020

Next question then: how do I denormalise about 100GB of recordings? :)

I had thought I noticed a difference between listening to the live shows
and the recordings. A slight dullness / lack of sparkle. I put it down
to being the only listener to the recordings, but part of a synchronised
audience originally (I'm sure there's something to that, even while
different speed processes cause smaller synchronised groups), or my
imagination.

Of course; I'll be quite convinced that my future recordings sound
much better without normalisation...

I really appreciate the help from everyone.

Thanks.