[LAU] LAC2020

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Wed Nov 11 20:58:45 CET 2020

On Wed, November 11, 2020 8:43 am, Will Godfrey wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a reasonably inexpensive USB
> webcam known to work with debian (or derivatives).

My old Logitech works fine with Fedora.  I do not have a newer Logitech,
so I can only speculate that the newer models would likely use the same
USB driver interface.
Once lockdown started locally I bought a couple of cheap webcams at the
local computer store for the kids' computers, I found Vivitar brand cams
that seemed to be some fairly generic low cost camera, those also work
fine with Fedora, so I expect they use a standard USB class that would
work with nearly any kernel.

--
Chris Caudle