[LAU] LAC2020

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Thu Nov 12 17:27:51 CET 2020

On Thu, 12 Nov 2020 13:36:42 +0100
Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton at gmail.com> wrote:

>On 02/11/20 20:06, Christopher Obbard wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Is it still possible to register again since it is now online?
>>
>> thx
>> Chris
>
>What is planned with the online version for what was usually live stream
>+ IRC channel? Would one still need to register and join the online call
>ore is there some form of 'streaming'?

The BBB system apparently has a chat window, but it's not clear *exactly* who
is control of it or how it is managed. I have asked if an IRC channel could be
opened before each day's presentations start, but haven't heard back yet.
Because it's a system that everyone is unfamiliar with it's quite possible that
connections might fail for some reason, so a *known* reliable fall-back for
communication is pretty important.

I appreciate that the Uni is pretty tied up with higher (frequently changing)
priorities at this time, but information has been worryingly sparse.

Will.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk