[LAU] New Debian install and usb device

Edgar Aichinger edogawa at aon.at
Wed Sep 2 15:01:41 CEST 2020

Am Mittwoch, 2. September 2020, 14:43:18 CEST schrieb Mac:
> I have installed a fresh Debian 10 and I have Qjackctl installed.
>
> Qjackctl shows the ZEDi8 (though lsusb does not see it as a ZED, I think is
> does on Ubuntu...)
>
> But, I can't seem to get the config to actually get audio from the ZED, it
> appears to be using the onboard sound.
>
> My web searches have not provided any help...

I don't know the ZEDi8, but I own an older and bigger ZED18 mixer, which also provides a 2x2 USB interface. This never gave me any problem in any OS or linux distro. It's hotpluggable/always detected by ALSA's USB Audio Driver, and registers as hw:CODEC. lsusb shows it as some sort of Texas Instrument audio interface, IIRC.

The data sheet for the ZEDi8 tells that the interface is USB 2.0 compliant, so in theory it should just work without additional drivers.

Hope that helps...