[LAU] New Debian install and usb device

Mac macdroid53 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 16:36:26 CEST 2020

Having read and gone through the steps many times over the last 10 years, I
have never succeeded in creating a working linux studio PC.

AVLinux, no problem, UbuntuStudio, no problem. But, start from scratch and
end up with a working studio, never.

I follow this page and that page until I've done so much I have no idea
what's there and why it doesn't work, etc. At which point I give up and go
find the install media for UBS or AVL. (And, I've been a UNIX/Linux
developer and sys admin for nearly 50 years. Yes, I'm frustrated.)

This time I'm really trying to figure it out, it can't be that hard...

I can select the ZED, I start jack and I either get nothing or the system
sound HW.

And, yes, I want to have sound from the browser available, for example. So,
do I need pulse? I have no idea. I always see the pulse bridge in UBS. I
read one website, it says trash it. Another says use jackd, another says
use jackd2.

Sorry, definitely not anyone here's fault...just venting. I apologize.