[LAU] [Music] Cloud Castles (melodic Drum&Bass)

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Wed Sep 2 20:35:07 CEST 2020

Hi Will,
thanks for the praise.
Sep 2 2020, Will Godfrey has written:
> What did you use for that sound that sweeps up in pitch - most intriguing.
It's a mix of two Csound sounds. One is just the rising saw tooth, which
I could have done anywhere, but there I had absolute time control for
the rise. The noise component is white noise going through my Csound
Risset filter, which in effect is a kind of barbar pole phaser with
slightly increasing centre frequency and definitely increasing LFO
speed. :) I don't know how many barber pole phasers or flagners there
are in the FLOSS world, but I'm sure the odd one has come up. They seem
to be moderately popular in the commercial world, which is where I
picked up the idea. :)

Best wishes,

Jeanny