[LAU] Hardware timers?

Roger gurusonic at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 12:37:51 CEST 2020

On 4/9/20 7:59 pm, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 02-09-2020 09:28, Roger wrote:
>>> It still mentions 2.6 kernels.
>>>
>>> Setting max-user-freq for RTC or HPET would be required only if some
>>> application actually accessed these devices directly from user space.
>>> As far as I know, nobody ever did this (because ALSA has its own timer
>>> abstraction), so this has never been applicable.
> Thanks for the clarification!
>
>>> Regards,
>>> Clemens
>> Thanks, Clemens. I was thinking to contact raboof to remove that section
>> from RealtimeConfigQuickScan as that's still used by quite a few people
>> afaik. Then to gather a task force to update the wiki!
> I'll look into that. More souls aboard is always welcome of course!

I sent a PR yesterday and raboof has accepted it. I think the script is
up-to-date and relevant with its current tests and recommendations
although I spotted in the code a few comments of proposals for new
features. Not sure I can help with those as I don't really know any Perl.

I'm happy to help with the wiki too, although I'm more of a sound
engineer than Linux audio configurator (is that a word? is now! ;) ).

Cheers

Roger