[LAU] LAC worries

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Tue Sep 8 22:48:56 CEST 2020

I'm highly conflicted over this year's LAC.

I missed last year's in America, and as well as wanting to meet up with friends
again, I've been given another workshop slot for Yoshimi, so I'd *really* hate
to miss this one. However...

At that time I'll be approaching 72 years old, which puts me well in the high
risk bracket, although I think I'm fairly fit.

Quarantine on return wouldn't bother me much, it's just be a bit of a nuisance.
I live alone anyway.

It's a 6+ hour train journey (that's time actually on the trains). This is a
long time to stay masked, and I've heard reports that people are frequently
taking theirs off and only putting them back on if a guard comes or the train
stops.

I wouldn't even think about going by air. I've never travelled well in a plane,
even when much younger.

I suppose I could drive, although it would probably be wise to make overnight
stops each way. Also I've never driven on the continent, so don't know how I'd
manage both 'wrong' side of road as well as all the French road layouts, signs
and regulations.

What to do :(

--
Will J Godfrey