[LAU] pipewire update, was Re: Need MIDI keyboard for Zoom Class

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Fri Sep 25 16:20:00 CEST 2020

On Fri, 25 Sep 2020, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:

> Definitely an interesting development in the Linux Audio (Video) ecosystem.
>
> I'm curious about something: how low latency (JACK) applications and
> non-low-latency (Pulseaudio) applications like browsers will be able to
> "co-exist".

pipewire buffers the bridge from desktop to jack. So the desktop
application can run at 500ms while the jack portion is running at 5ms for
example. SRC will be used as needed. In my opinion this is the big missing
piece in the current pulse-jack bridge which forces pulse to run at jack's
latency.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net