[LAU] Auto sampler version 2.0 (automatic SFZ creation)

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Apr 1 09:15:28 CEST 2021

Hmm, that sounds interesting. I have three synthesizer keyboards here.
All of them have at least the common GM set. (They're all Yamahas, so
they have Yamaha's varying ideas of extra sounds.) But in the GM set,
the cheapest Yamaha has versions of some of the GM sounds that I like a
lot better than the equivalents in the other keyboards. The ones on
other keyboards just don't sound the same!

Since I only have enough physical space to have one keyboard set up at a
time, it would be nice to turn my preferred GM sounds into SFZ's I could
use when a different keyboard is the one set up.

Thanks, Jeannie! You're a genie. May all your wishes come true! :)

By the way, after we bought a bigger TV, we had to replace our old
entertainment center (new TV too big). The TV credenza we bought is
quite sturdy, stands about 33" high and is 58" wide. It's only two
inches lower than the bookcase assembly my keyboard stands on right now.
So maybe time to buy another one of these...

--
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com
"My password is the last 8 digits of π."