[LAU] Long-running jack_capture multi-track recording corruption?

Andrew Grathwohl andrew at grathwohl.me
Sat Apr 3 17:50:20 CEST 2021

Hi list,

I am using jack_capture to record 2 inputs and 20 outputs going through
SuperCollider for a duration of between 30-45 minutes, using the
following command line:

jack_capture -f wavex -p supernova:* test.wav

This has worked well for my use case for several years. However, since
yesterday this command line fails to capture the entire recorded
performance, despite jack_capture showing the meters responding to the
audio correctly. Whenever the recording duration exceeds approximately
20 minutes, the output file will only contain the first 5-10 minutes.
However, if we only do a 5-10 minute recording, the entire recording is
captured and saved properly.

Seeking any insights about how to diagnose/fix these problems. Anyone
here know where I ought to start?

Thanks much,
Andrew