[LAU] [music] From the starlight (dark synth imrpo/soundtrack)

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Mon Apr 5 12:16:00 CEST 2021

Hey hey,
something a little Vangelis SciFi soundtrack for a change:
https://youtu.be/ul570vi8W58
and for direct OGG download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lehah6hzyqlhqda/from_the_starlight.ogg

On Linux I used Yoshimi for the big pad bass and Hexter for the high bell. As
this is a "sound per synth" setup, which could have been recorded live, once
the sequences were going, I used all my very synthetic hardware: Behringer
Neutron for bass, RD-8 for drums, Arturia MiniBrute 2 and Make Noise 0-Coast
for arpeggios, Waldoorf Microwave XT for the pad and DSI/Sequential Prophet-12
for the lead.

In the production there was just some EQ and compression to tame the sounds
and a healthy dose of reverb for the atmosphere. I think I ended up using
g2verb, since Ecasound and zita-reverb don't always get along.

Best wishes and enjoy,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Give me a sign...