[LAU] 3.5mm microphone into audio interface? (was: Four channels playback?)

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sun Apr 11 12:21:15 CEST 2021

On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 12:25:09PM +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> Thanks to Jeanette and Fons for their help.  Now please one more question: I've
> got two such 3.5mm jack stereo microphones:
>
>  https://www.amazon.it/...  etc

The link describes this as a MONO omnidirectional mic.

Now is the link is wrong, and this is indeed a stereo mic with a single
3.5mm jack, you need more than the Rode adapters. You will also need
adapters to split the single jack into two. The result would not be
very reliable....

If you really want to go into multichannel audio better buy something
of somewhat higher quality.

--
FA