[LAU] 3.5mm microphone into audio interface?

Rodolfo Medina rodolfo.medina at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 17:01:31 CEST 2021

Alf Haakon Pietruszka Lund <alf at mellomrommet.no>
writes:

> On 11.04.2021 15:40, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>> On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 12:57:31PM +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
>
> (snip)
>
>>> I've used that microphone just once to record my voice speaking.  Listening
>>> back to that record, well, no, I couldn't say if it's stereo or mono.
>>
>> So you don't know, or even care, if your mic requires 1 or 2 channels,
>> or what polar response it might have.
>>
>> You don't understand that not the microphone, but the software determines
>> the number of channels in a file.
>>
>> Listening to a mono file you imagine it's stereo.
>>
>> And you seriously want to do audio engineering ??
>>
>> Then please start learning the basics before you try to do anything else,
>> or waste other people's time.
>
> Oh don't be so hard on him. We all have to start somewhere and none of us are
> required to spend any time at all reading (or responding to) questions on this
> list.
>
> I don't see why lack of knowledge should be insulting to anyone.

Its words don't matter at all to me...  ;-) But thanks...!  In fact I know my
lack of knowledge and that's why I'm here to ask questions to expert people.
It's been very useful, I've learning a lot.  Thanks to the precious help you
all provided I'm now planning to buy the Behringer UMC404HD audio interface and
also one of those Behringer B5 microphones as suggested, and test it.  Then
with the UMC404HD I'm going to do do some home-made multichannel records and
also that sort of strange experiment of playing more than 2 different channels
simultaneously out of a multichannel audio file.

Ciao,

Rodolfo