[LAU] Decent Sampler

Jostein Chr. Andersen jostein at vivaldi.net
Sat Apr 24 12:42:54 CEST 2021

I just tested it and it seems to be a very good sampler which I probably
will use. However, I'm not sure that it handles all the dimensions a
Hi-Hat needs. For the Hi-Hat, a good sample library has several velocity
layers in every openness degree (not only open and closed HH) which
needs to be handled.

This is also one thing that's missing in the SFZ format. For natural HH
sound, the sampler needs to be able to handle both velocity and at the
same time (or HH trigger or trigger drum pad) with ac CC control (such
as a modulation knob or HH controller for the openness).

So for now, I'm still using Linux sampler and the GIG format for this.
Thankfully, the Linux sampler folks are actively maintaining their
GIG-related libs and programs. I think I will have to upgrade myself on
this topic again. Thanks for making me aware of
Decent Sampler!

Jostein