[LAU] [Rosegarden-user] Alternative hardware

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Apr 25 12:03:01 CEST 2021

On 4/24/21 4:36 AM, Will Godfrey wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 08:11:18 -1000
> "David W. Jones" <gnome at hawaii.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> On April 20, 2021 5:46:46 AM HST, Will Godfrey wrote:
>>> Has anyone tried compiling Rosegarden for the Raspberry Pi4?
>>> If so, what is the absolute minimum required to get it up and running?
>>> I would expect it to be extremely slow to compile :(
>> Hmm. Couldn't you cross-compile - compile for ARM/PI 4 on your Intel?
> I looked at that. It's a hell of a lot of work, just to compile one application
> - I really don't have time for that :(

Seems to me like that sort of thing (setting it up) would be a one-time
hell of a lot of work, but if you're going to be compiling Rosegarden
for ARM/PI to keep your RG PI version current... Maybe the RG devs have
clues on doing that?

--
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com
"My password is the last 8 digits of π."